Children’s Outreach Ministries
Location: Tahoe City, California
Cost: $5-20/month for gas
Come to beautiful Lake Tahoe, California and help children hear about Jesus in a well-established children’s outreach ministry. 85% of the people at Lake Tahoe do not know Jesus. We need YOU to help us spread the Good News. Students would be teaching children 2.5-12 year olds.
- 2 years of college completed
- 12 hours of classes in any combination of recreation, physical education, human services, social welfare, nursing, psychology, sociology, home economics, education, childhood education, or child development.
- Unofficial transcript
This is a children’s ministry position. You will work with children M-Friday in a full day camp. In the summer you will work on a team of 12 people. Semester teams will work on a team of 8 people. Most of the children attending do not come from Christian homes. Depending on class size some students will be teaching a class by themselves and some students will team teach. We are looking for students who are relationship oriented, hardworking and have a good attitude. Your supervisors care about you and will invest in your life. We need 1 preschool teacher for summer 2018, 1 preschool teacher for fall 2018, and 4 school age and 4 preschool teachers for the spring 2019 semester.
Willing to take Baptist and non-Baptist students that are active in their campus BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries) and attend an evangelical church.
The students will have a devotion with Pastor Scott Capshaw. There are also Bible studies which the students can attend as well as Sunday worship. We meet with the students one on one for mentoring. We have a group staff meeting once a week to touch base and to pray together each week.
- We have two dorm rooms at the church. The students stay there. We can sleep 12 people. We have 4 showers; 9 toilets, washer and dryer; commercial kitchen, wireless internet; TV/DVD; bedding and towels,
- Students are responsible for cooking their own food. Each student receives $125 a month for food. With 8 students that is a $1,000 a month food budget. Student pool their money and shop in bulk. We also provide laundry soap; cleaning products, bathroom products; and restock the pantry with the basics 3 times a year.
- We have two 7 passenger vans the students are allowed to drive. They must have a clean driving record for the past 3 years to drive our vehicles. With 8 students there are always some who can drive. We pay for all ministry related gas and students pay for their gas for fun trips.