Toledo Bend Outreach Ministries
Location: Zwolle, Louisiana
Cost: $50/month for local transportation, plus travel to/from ministry site
Come spend a summer with us at Toledo Bend lake in west central LA. Our staff will be investing in the lives of children, senior
adults and entire families. Join us as we serve visitors to the lake and local residents by sharing the love of Jesus with them in very real and practical ways.
- Ability to share faith
- Musical ability helpful
- Love children
- Love outdoors
- Lead Bible studies
- Coordinate crafts
- Enjoy recreation
We are seeking 2 – 4 college students to work with us from approximately May 24 through August 4 (these dates are somewhat negotiable). We will provide housing, a small stipend, a food allowance and travel.
Their duties would include but not be limited to:
- Assisting mission teams on site and at their ministry sites, as needed
- Assisting area churches with Vacation Bible School and other outreach events
- Conducting and promoting Backyard Bible Clubs
- Working with senior citizens at our local senior centers and nursing homes with crafts and Bible Studies
- Promoting and conducting Sunday morning campground worship services at various parks around the lake
- Promoting and hosting movie nights in the parks
- Assisting with preparation for and implementation of our annual parish wide back to school rally
- and other things as the need arises
These students need to be able to share the gospel one on one or in a group, realize that they will be living and ministering in rural America and will be serving in a middle to lower socio economic area. These students will be challenged to attempt more than they believe they are capable of accomplishing, both spiritually, physically and emotionally. There will be challenges at times but they will have the opportunity to impact the lives of many children, youth and adults with the truth of the gospel. Prayerfully, they will have grown spiritually and mentally by the end of the summer and will never look at the world through the same eyes as when they arrived.
The staff will meet most mornings for staff devotions. There will be one on one time with the supervisor or assist weekly and they will worship in various local churches weekly.
- Two-bedroom cabins
- All meals provided