Outreach Ministries Toledo Bend Lake – Summer
Location: Zwolle, LA
Cost: $50 a month + travel
Come spend a summer with us at Toledo Bend lake in west-central Louisiana. Our staff will be investing in the lives of children, senior adults, and entire families. Join us as we serve both visitors to the lake and local residents by sharing the love of Jesus with them in a very real and practical way.
Ability to share their faith one on one and in a group setting, especially with children. Musical ability is helpful, but not required. A love of children and the outdoors is needed. They will be working with various mission teams and guiding them as needed leading Bible studies, coordinating crafts and recreational activities and visiting one on one with campers.
We are seeking 2 – 4 college students to work with us from approximately May 28 through August 8, 2021 (these dates are somewhat negotiable). We will provide housing, a small stipend, a food allowance and local travel.
Their duties would include but not be limited to:
* Assisting mission teams on site and at their ministry locations, as needed
* Assisting area churches with Vacation Bible School and other outreach events
* Conducting and promoting Backyard Bible Clubs
* Working with senior citizens at our local senior centers and nursing homes with crafts and Bible Studies
* Promoting and conducting Sunday morning campground worship services at various parks around the lake
* Promoting and hosting movie nights in the parks
* Assisting with preparation for and implementation of our annual parish-wide back to school rally
* and other things as the need arises
These students need to be able to share the gospel one on one or in a group, realize that they will be living and ministering in rural America and will be serving in a middle to lower socioeconomic area. These students will be challenged to attempt more than they believe they are capable of accomplishing, both spiritually, physically, and emotionally. There will be challenges at times but they will have the opportunity to impact the lives of many children, youth, and adults with the truth of the gospel. Prayerfully, they will have grown both, spiritually and mentally, by the end of the summer and will never look at the world through the same eyes as when they arrived.
The staff will need most mornings for staff devotions. There will be one on one time with the supervisor or assistant weekly and they will worship with various local church on a weekly basis.
We have two – two-bedroom staff cabins, one for male students and one for female students.
Some meals will be provided by the mission teams and churches, a food allowance will also be provided.
The students are permitted to bring their own vehicles with reimbursement for ministry miles driven with valid insurance and we are able to verify their driving record. Local supervisors or other locals will transport them as needed.
- good with kids
- enjoys the outdoors
- comfortable teaching and leading